25 June 2021 from 8:55 to 13:30 CEST
On June 25th, 2021, AI4Media will organise a workshop on "Human- and Society -centred AI"
, with the objective of presenting the recent research advances achieved in the AI4Media project on this domain.
The contributions from the project partners to the workshop are particularly related to:
- detection of deep fakes in multimedia content
- the dynamics of social media conversations
- the automatic analysis of political discourse
- the fusion of different signals for user behaviour characterization
- the human-centered analysis of news consumption, and
- the real-life effects of data sharing
The two invited presentations will tackle two complementary topics.
- Elena Kochkina from the Queen Mary University of London will present a review of existing methods and challenges related to automated rumour verification.
- Oana Goga from the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) will discuss the very timely topic of political ads served on social networks.
Taken together, these contributions will allow a better understanding of the relation between AI and different aspects of news distribution and consumption. Ultimately, the objective is to contribute to the design of a healthier public debate, with a particular focus on societally impactful topics such as health and politics.
Join the workshop via Webex » HERE
Watch it LIVE on Facebook » HERE